Possible new way to get to Bonaire!!! I hope!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvrliz1

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Picked up the local newspaper today and on page 5 of the Extra a BIG headline announced:

TUR KOS TA KLA PA INSELAIR KUMINSA OKTOBER PA MERKA...ku 4 buelo pa siman

Translated: Everything is completed with Insel Air to commence with 4 flights per week in October to America.

The article does not state when and where the flights will arrive/depart in the States yet. It basically just talks about how they have worked hard to obtain the permits and they have finished everything with the FAA. It looks like the will make some more announcements on their 2 year anniversary, which is 28 August.

Don't expect direct flights to Bonaire. Insel Air is based out of Curacao, but they do have 2 daily flights into Bonaire from Curacao...

HOPE EXISTS....

Liz

What kind of aircraft do they fly Liz?

Scott,

They haven't made any official announcements yet. I know they have Embraers in their fleet as well as an MD-83. There is talk of expanding the fleet, but we haven't heard anything yet.

Ed and I actually prefer them to DAE and have flown them a few times to and from Aruba.

Personally, and this is just a feeling, nothing else...I'm thinking they will fly somewhere into FL.

Liz

There is an inherent conflict between the tourist-related businesses on Bonaire that, of course, want to see more visitors and the visitors themselves who, by and large, I think, would like to see fewer. For me, the appeal of Bonaire is that it is relatively undeveloped and uncrowded. That means the reefs are healthy and the dive sites are uncrowded. I think Bonaire's future is on a precarious perch; a few more direct flights and a few more cruise ships will tilt it towards its inevitable over-development and a loss of its appeal.

In an ideal world (my ideal world) it would be really inconvenient for everybody else and a direct flight for me.:D

Last edited:
In an ideal world (my ideal world) it would be really inconvenient for everybody else and a direct flight for me.:D

Now that I can relate to!

I do wish the cruise ships would vanish. Good luck on the flights....

I don't want this thread to go "awry". I just posted this for those who are seeking other options and ways to get to Bonaire, especially since American Eagle, effective 3 September will cut their flights to Bonaire in half.

Saying that, from what my little knomes tell me, it looks like they will be flying to and from Miami to Curacao. As Netdoc says...just another option.

Liz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom