Breathing in water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skinsfan0260

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My Aries Atmos Pro regulator this weekend was letting in water. I checked the mouth piece and it appears to be well sealed. I hit the purge a couple of times incase there happened to be water that got inside the airline. this did not make it go away, but seemed to make it less. Any ideas what else may be the problem. by the end of the dive it seemed to go away. Do you think I need to take it in for a servicing. Could the water have gotten into an area that it cannot drain out of, possibly causing future corrosion problems. Also does anyone know of a site where I can go to learn the inner working of my regulators so I will have a better understanding of what is or is not happening. When I should be concerned and when I shouldn't.

probably got a small piece of debris under the diaphragm, open it up and take a look or have your LDS do it.

I had it happen to my Dive rite deco reg during a stop, took it apart under water and there was a little leaf or something in there, worked fine after that

I had the same thing happen on my oceanic regulator..you can test it out of the water.....put the plug and breathe in. If you have a trickle of air then your diaphragm has something there..in my case it seems the diaphragm left an opening. From now on I do this seal test before I get in the water....and like diddy said you can open it and make sure it's clean...it's not a big deal to check...in any case you still have your backup if it let's too much water in...

Not completely sure what you mean by "put the plugand breath in". If I breath in I get nothing.

Then there is nothing wrong with the diaphragm. I'd also guess that there was something under the diaphragm. Do you thoroughly rinse and purge the reg after every dive outing? Do you dive in water that contains alot of junk. I once saw a reg that somehow got a twig about 2 inches long in it.

Back
Top Bottom