Aeris AI Console Failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pappa John

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I purchased an Aeris AI console as a part of teh "Aeris Competition Package" from an online store in January 2011. I have only put it on four tanks total.The last trip I did was to Hawaii.

Today I connected to a tank and noticed there was still water and salt residue in the pressure gauge. Both the pressure gauge and depth gauge have stopped working. On my last dive I went down to about 80ft. I figured it wouldn't be too much for teh gauge, but when I came up it had water in it. The camera case I took down handled the pressure just fine. Why did the gauge crap out on me?

I am going to call the customer service of the online store in the morning, but I was going to see if any one else knows about issues, problems, or ways to prevent this. I am fairly new to the sport and I don't want to keep replacing my gear all of the time. Any knowledge is appreciated and goes a long way. Thanks.

Always do a fresh water rinse at the end of a dive trip. We rinse everything the best we can in the shower on the last day and then rise again in the bathtub (12+ hour soak) when we get home.

Yeah, I rinsed it as well as I could. But, there is still water inside of the gauge itself which is crusting over. I called the dive shop today and they are replacing it. I am sending by mail tomorrow. All is well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom