Aeris A300CS, Best Transmitter Position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbuechner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
All (including Doug),

Does anyone have a "best location" for the A300CS Transmitter. I have tried it as many different position as I can do on my regulator. Next will be to try a 6" or 12" extension to get is out from behind my head to see if this works better. I have noticed that is loses connection with the computer at lease a couple times per dive. It usually will come back by itself but once in a while I need to lift my arm so that the computer has a straight shot to the Transmitter before it will connect back up.

I have had the computer about 1 yr now. Purchased it at last years SCUBA show.

Beyond the connection issue I am pretty happy with the A300CS over all.

Let me know if anyone has some tricks I have not thought of.

Thanks,

Tom B.

I put mine on a 24" HP hose and attache it to my inflator with a bungee. And before i get a bunch of comments on why I bought a hoseless only to attach a hose. Its because I leave my dive computer attached to the base plate of my gopro setup. So my camera is just down and left of the Gopro viewer.

I have a 6 inch hose.
(Please read that in the correct context)
I didn't get it for better transmission purposes, but because I received advice that screwing the transmitter directly into the first stage increases the risk of damage if it cops a knock. On the hose, the transmitter tends to sit behind my shoulder, with the computer on my wrist on that same side. Once in a while I will get a brief loss of connection to the transmitter, but it's not often and usually restores at the next sample interval.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom