Pemba Island accommodations and dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

George Scherman

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a budget accommodation (100usd/night or less for a double) on Pemba. We are just trying to keep cost down for a family of four. Is Swahili Divers the only op on the island? Thanks

Hi George. my info must be at least 4 years old but seeing as you've drawn a blank so far maybe this will help. I dove with Swahili Divers but they had at that stage moved to a new location on the island with accomadation on site. Try Introduction - Kervan Saray Beach . Had similiar problems researching Pemba when I went but it was worth the effort. There is also Manta resort which was out of my budget. It is a remote location which means more intimate unspoilt dive sites but less competition means higher prices. I haven't been to Mafia island but the diving there is also meant to be great and might work as an alternative to Pemba. I believe that some of the dive ops in zanzibar offer day trips to Pemba but long boat trips weren't my idea of fun so I didn't look into too much. My info is from a 4 week holiday 4 years ago so take it with a pinch a salt but hopefully it may help a little.

I have done 400 + dives on Pemba. There is Kervan Saray aka Swahili Divers in the north and Fundu Lagoon (more up market) further south close to Misali Island, that I consider to be good diving operations. I organise dive trips to Zanzibar and many other destinations I know, and send clients to both depending on budget, accommodation preferences, and diving preferences. Have a look at Tanzania, Pemba, Zanzibar, and Mafia - Tailor-made Diving, Safaris, and Trekking - Indigo Safaris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom