Replacement Weight Pocket for Pearl i3 BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KMil

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
My wife has a Pearl i3 BCD size small and we need to replace a weight pocket that "walked away" on our last trip. The problem I am finding is that the only pockets available are the 10 or 16 lb SeaQuest pockets. My Pro QD has the 10 lb pockets and while they can be forced in they are about an inch longer than the ones that came with the Pearl and are not a good fit.

Is there any way to get a hold of the shorter pockets for replacement? The dealer we bought the BCD from is unaware of how to specify the shorter pocket for ordering.

Neither unfortunately. They are The original sure lock , not the sure lock II. Mhosts, as stated in my post, the 10 lb pocket is longer than the ones that came with the BCD. Your link would be helpful if I wanted to replace the 10 lb pocket for my Pro QD but is not what I'm after for the smaller pockets that came with my wife's Pearl.

Could you post a picture of the pocket you have left? The 10lb Surelock II fits all the Pearl I3's that I have here. Ask your LDS if you can try a 10lb Surelok II, I bet it fits.

Scooter, thank you for the reply. Do the SureLock II pockets fit Pearl i3's that originally had the original SureLock pockets? I hadn't known they were backwards compatible.

The 10 Lb original SureLock pockets can be forced into the BCD but it is not a good fit as they are a little too long. Attached is an image of the 10 lb pocket out of my Pro QD (bottom) along with the pocket from my wife's Pearl (top). I have confirmed that the larger of the two matches what is being sold as replacement 10 lb SureLock pockets.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 230
I double checked and it fits into one of the first Pearl I3's that was produced and also the newest ones. The nice thing about the new weight pockets is they will fit into the old style. Here is a picture of a 10 lb Surelok compared to a 10lb Surelok II. I think the Surelok II will solve your problem. I do have a set here if you can't find a closer supplier give me a call. I'm so sure they will work that if they don't I'll pick up all the cost's to try the out.

Surelok .jpg

Weird, because my wife also has a perl i3, and the pocket is the larger of the two in your image... Maybe it depends on the size of the BCD? her's is the M/L and there's plenty of room for it to fit.

I agree it must be the size. I only have mediums here at the moment and both weight pockets fit with plenty of room.

Skooter, thank you very much for your help and your generous offer. I'll try to find one of the sure lock II's locally and let you know if I am unable to do so.

To answer the sizing question, her Pearl is a size small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom