DM tales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ever heard of tales of sightings during the dive that only the DMs and Instructors saw and not one of the OW divers saw what they saw during the dive?

such are DM tales.... any DM tales you have?

aha so youre guilty as charge with DM tales hehehehhe

They're all lies!!

Did y'all see that whale shark swim by just after we were looking at the catfish? I kept pointing at the mating octopi over behind the tall grass, why didn't you look?

Mostly though, as DMs we are so comfortable with the diving that it leaves alot more "bandwidth" to notice the surroundings, whereas some of those diving with us are still counting inhales and struggling with buoyancy control.

theskull

theskull:
They're all lies!!

Did y'all see that whale shark swim by just after we were looking at the catfish? I kept pointing at the mating octopi over behind the tall grass, why didn't you look?

Mostly though, as DMs we are so comfortable with the diving that it leaves alot more "bandwidth" to notice the surroundings, whereas some of those diving with us are still counting inhales and struggling with buoyancy control.

theskull

hehhehehhe , when i was an OW "They're all lies!!" was my sentiment as i never see what they were pointing at.

however when i was a DM, i could just recall my comment same as what the OW i guide say, ...

worst is when i as other DM or Instructors they all saw what we saw except for the OW :eek:(

"Did you saw that green turtle? It swam off the moment it saw us."

I was pointing to it in the water with the snorkelers following me. It's huge enough, but they never see it.

Turtles are rare sighting at the house reef, and usually, shy of human. I only have 2 sightings so far at the house reef.

Back
Top Bottom