Sherwood Luna on a guy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emtffkev

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just recently took my first course to get my PADI open water certification. To avoid rental fees, I used my fiance's gear since she has everything I need. The big question is, she has a Sherwood Luna BC, and I fell in love with it, it is very comfortable, fits great, and is in the price range I want for my first BC. My LDS has one that she said she'd give me for a real good price. Do you all think it would be horrible for a guy to wear/own a Luna being that it is made/designed for women?

emtffkev:
I just recently took my first course to get my PADI open water certification. To avoid rental fees, I used my fiance's gear since she has everything I need. The big question is, she has a Sherwood Luna BC, and I fell in love with it, it is very comfortable, fits great, and is in the price range I want for my first BC. My LDS has one that she said she'd give me for a real good price. Do you all think it would be horrible for a guy to wear/own a Luna being that it is made/designed for women?

My wife got her Diva LX before I got my Avid. We did some pre-cert weight checks in a pool and I used her's. If the need came up I'd dive in that thing in a heartbeat. A great fit and a good deal, that's hard to beat. How it works for you is the ultimate qualifier.

Pete

If it fits it's yours, now I don't recommend buying a pink one.

Manufactures make unisex gear........not sure what make the Luna a female BCD, they may have design compensation for female body parts.

What works, works! Drive on.

You're buying your gear early on, so your comfort and familiarity with it translates into greater confidence (and safety) downrange. And you can't get much more familiar with the fit and function of each other's outfit than by diving the same rig.

Best wishes for your upcoming wedding! May some great diving be on the menu for your honeymoon.

Thanks for the input. And another thanks for the congrats. We definitely have alot of diving planned for the honeymoon and the years to come.

I dove a Luna for the first 3 years or so I was diving. It fit great and was extremely comfortable. Most people don't even know its made for women. I say if you can get a great deal go for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom