Zeagle Stiletto Air Release Problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linesider5

Registered
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Stiletto. While I was diving, I could not get air to be released when I pulled on the inflator hose. Not sure if I am having a problem, or doing something wrong, but any information would be appreciated.

If the air is not coming out of the top dump when you are horizontal its all in the back of the bladder, use the rear dump instead.

Cheers
Chris

With the BC sitting infront of you, test the shoulder pull dump by fully inflating the BC either orally or with LPI. If it releases air when it's pulled, it works and your problem was most likely your position in the water (see post above). If it doesn't release air, take it back to the shop you purchased it from and have them double check the cable that runs from the actuator to rear exhaust valve.

I'm a new diver, and purchased a Zeagle Brigade in February. It took me a bit of trial-and-error to figure out how to use the inflator hose dump. If I grab too far up the hose (toward the valve) and pull, nothing happens. But pulling near the button end (technical term) works fine and with little effort. I don't know if this is the correct action, but it does work for me.

You should be able to test this on land by just inflating the jacket, and pulling on the inflator hose.

Pulling the inflator hose will do little if nothing to activate the shoulder dump.
The cable runs down and is connected to the inflator housing itself, to activate the dump you only need pull lightly on the inflator housing as oppose to the hose.

Cheers
Chris

Chris is correct about pulling the inflator housing to dump air from the remote exhaust valve. Pulling on the corrugated hose is discouraged as it puts unnecessary stress on it and possibly could cause a tie wrap to dislodge.

Support the left shoulder while testing it as miesemer describes, while squeezing the bladder, as water pressure does while diving.

Just as an aside, I train OW divers to use the primary deflation valve with the hose extended above them during initial descents and all ascents, so their bodies are in a proper position for full deflation. The remote dump is really best for more minor buoyancy adjustments, often while in a more prone position.

Chad

Chad, aren't you going to tell them about sucking the air out of the bladder?? :D I know this isn't a maneuver for a noob to BI...but it works.

crpntr133:
Chad, aren't you going to tell them about sucking the air out of the bladder?? :D I know this isn't a maneuver for a noob to BI...but it works.

Yes, it works like a charm, and I do it before every dive.

However, if you are on the type of dives where people jump off and float around waiting for others (as often occurs with new divers) that isn't something they should be doing...

Scott

But then of course, if you were perfectly weighted during your dive and had emptied your bladder, no air would have come from the vents.

Maybe that was the case ????????

the K

The Kraken:
But then of course, if you were perfectly weighted during your dive and had emptied your bladder, no air would have come from the vents.

Maybe that was the case ????????

the K

I try to empty my bladder before every dive...thou shalt not pee in thine own suit. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom