Help..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bikeflip22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
i need some help.
im searching for my first pair of long blade freediving fins, currently i have be diving with my volo powers, and i have been doing ~50 feet depths, and can do a 1:48 breathhold out of water static..

Anyways, i feel i have potential, and i am in search of a pair of fins... i have looked at many reliable spots, and found tons of GOOD CHEAP prices, however there all in spain and europe, and by the time u add in shipping, it really isnt all that cheap of a price.
Im also pretty limited at my lds to dive equipment let alone freediving... so if anyone knows any legit, good, online mail orders, similar to leisurepro with good prices and valuable info (fin length, interchangable blades, etc) i would be very grateful.

Currently im looking at the picaso black camu, cressi gara 3000ld, omer millenium, and the sporasub h.dessaults

So i can get all these fins for between 70 and 112 dollars, however shipping is like 50 haha

-paul

Try here http://www.scubastore.com/eng/index.asp . Yes it's in Europe but I've ordered several different sets of fins from there and don't remember the shipping being outrageous. On the three fins your looking at the Cressi Gara are a good begginer fin but they have a problem with the blade rolling while your kicking and are hard to kick straight. Word on the dessaults is that the fin pockets are uncomfortable but I havent tried them so don't take that as fact. I had a pair of Omer's for a couple years before the blades cracked. By all acounts a solid fin. You might also want to look into the Piccaso's. If your serious about going deep nothing beats carbon fibre but they are wicked expensive and can shatter if not handled with care...

Hope that helps :wink:

Back
Top Bottom