Zeagle BC, is it safe to buy at non-official dealer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kensuguro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm thinking of getting a Zeagle BC at one of the outlets in the keys area... and was wondering if that's usually okay with Zeagle because the shop isn't in the "official" dealer list at the Zeagle website. I'm aware that for aqualung, that may mean problem, but I wasn't sure how other companies operated.

I've heard rumors of not being able to get full Zeagle warranty and stuff like that, I'm going to call the shop to find out, but would also like a second opinion.

The shop is Diver's outlet at Florida City, and the price is $450 for a Zeagle Zena.

kensuguro:
Hi all, I'm thinking of getting a Zeagle BC at one of the outlets in the keys area... and was wondering if that's usually okay with Zeagle because the shop isn't in the "official" dealer list at the Zeagle website. I'm aware that for aqualung, that may mean problem, but I wasn't sure how other companies operated.

I've heard rumors of not being able to get full Zeagle warranty and stuff like that, I'm going to call the shop to find out, but would also like a second opinion.

The shop is Diver's outlet at Florida City, and the price is $450 for a Zeagle Zena.

From my experience the Zeagle Zena won't cost much more than that at an authorized dealer. I know my LDS here has them for that much.

If you choose to buy from an unauthorized dealer, and I'm sure Scott will chime in soon, you will probably not have your Zeagle warranted.

Already seen it with a Zeagle reg..no warranty. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

From the Zeagle web site:

CONSUMER ALERT -We have encountered a number of consumer complaints recently about sales made through internet auction sites and mail order outlets who ARE NOT authorized Zeagle dealers. These have included selling incomplete products, providing poor service, and in some cases selling items represented as being Zeagle products which in fact were not genuine. PLEASE BE SURE YOU ARE PURCHASING FROM AN AUTHORIZED ZEAGLE DEALER!

Zeagle's warranty is issued through the Authorized Zeagle Dealer to the original purchaser. Products not purchased directly from Authorized Zeagle Dealers- this includes any Zeagle products offered on internet auction sites regardless of the seller's identity- are second hand and not covered under warranty. Only retailers designated by Zeagle Systems as being Authorized Zeagle Dealers are extended the authority to sell and provide warranty service for Zeagle products.

Scubatoys has it for $448. Pay the shipping, get a lifetime warranty. Sounds like a waaaay better deal to me.

Scubatoys Zeagle Zena

kensuguro:

Diver's Outlet in Florida City IS an authorized Zeagle dealer. I will look into the reason why they are not listed on the website...

Thanks for asking!!!

Scott

kensuguro:

If you are purchasing new, IMO buy from an authorized dealer as you are not going to save all that much. If buying used, make sure what you are purchasing is what you think you are getting. IMO used is a VERY viable option, in fact, my Ranger was used, and dives great.

Thanks for clarifying that. That makes the situation much easier.

ScottZeagle:
Diver's Outlet in Florida City IS an authorized Zeagle dealer. I will look into the reason why they are not listed on the website...

Thanks for asking!!!

Scott

Are you sure you want a Zena? There are far better womens bcs!

kensuguro:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom