PADI DM Temp C-Card???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djkpsu

Contributor
Reaction score
Mitzpe Ramon, Israel/ Eliat on the weekends!!
Earlier this summer I finished my PADI DM course. My instructor sent in all of my paperwork and said it normally takes PADI a few weeks to process professional certifications.

Then a few weeks later I was talking to an instructor friend of mine and he said my instructor should have given me a temp c-card. When I asked my instructor, who is a course director, about this he said you don't get temp c-cards for professional certs, but my friend continues to insist that I should have gotten a temp.

Can anyone englighten me on this subject?

I don't believe that you can get temporary professional cards. The course director should know. My PADI certifications have always arrived within a couple of weeks. I'd suggest contacting the PADI member services group. It's possible that they don't have current insurance information or something else that's holding up the processing of your card.

djkpsu:
Earlier this summer I finished my PADI DM course. My instructor sent in all of my paperwork and said it normally takes PADI a few weeks to process professional certifications.

Then a few weeks later I was talking to an instructor friend of mine and he said my instructor should have given me a temp c-card. When I asked my instructor, who is a course director, about this he said you don't get temp c-cards for professional certs, but my friend continues to insist that I should have gotten a temp.

Depending on where you live and what you ordered in the way of insurance it can take a couple of months to get your card. If you have questions about the status you can contact your PADI rep via your instructor/LDS.

R..

You might get your welcome note from PADI with your cert # before you get the cards and I reckon that number is valid for ID purposes....
What I understand, you don't/can't get a temp since you have to be approved by PADI...

As noted by others, there is no temporary card for DM.

DM processing takes a little longer than regular certs. How long has it been since you know your DM application was submitted?

The paperwork was submitted in the end of July, but I am not surprised that I don't have the card yet. My EAN cert which was done three weeks prior to finishing my DM only got to me about a week ago. I use my US address on the paperwork, so things go to my company first and then get forwarded to me, and delays are expected.

I was really only wondering about the temp c-card issue, which I feel has been aswered. Thanks.

Hi

You do not get any temporary card from professional level courses like DM, AI and Instructor level.

Reason for this is that You are not Dm or higher before PADI has Your paperworks i their system and they have given PADI Member Number to You.

Hopefully this helps.

PADI MI-74417

Well, seeing as how the author of this thread was looking for his DM card almost a year ago, I would suppose he has it by now. :wink:

the K

djkpsu:

there is no temp..the dm card application is that-an application-PADI may research you and or the instr. who is trying to issue it..they may even turn it down..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom