Seaquest Inflator Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medicmatt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Seaquest "jacket-style" BCD. Well, the corogated hose, where it attaches to the screw-in port, is starting to errode and bleed out air. My question is this: is this part universal with other manufacturers like Oceanic, or do I have to buy a Seaquest part. Also, where can I find these parts, be it Seaquest or otherwise. Thanks.

medicmatt:
I have a Seaquest "jacket-style" BCD. Well, the corogated hose, where it attaches to the screw-in port, is starting to errode and bleed out air. My question is this: is this part universal with other manufacturers like Oceanic, or do I have to buy a Seaquest part. Also, where can I find these parts, be it Seaquest or otherwise. Thanks.

The Seaquest inflator hoses are nicely formed to tuck away the LP hose. Most of the 3rd party replacement hoses don't have that. Also the bore (diameter) of the hoses isn't always the same so take the old hose with you when you buy a new one. Finally, the cable inside the inflator hose is a certain length and you may need to trim your new hose to the right length to get it to fit.

So, in short, you don't need to use a Seaquest hose but it's easiest if you do.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom