Non-diving ? Cable or satellite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmokeAire

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm posting the ? in my home forum because well this where I live.
I'm in the process of buying an HDtv and haven't decided whether to go with HD Cable (comcast is provider) or DirecttvHD. Because of Florida's pop-up t-storms and associated weather I'm not sure which is the best or which one is the best value. I would like my fellow Conchs opinion and experience before I sign on the dotted line. I'm looking for the best SI experience when I'm not diving...will this keep it in this Forum roomy :)

Sorry buddy, can't help ya. However, personally, my "best SI experience when I am not diving" does not include watching TV.:D
(hmmm, how fast can we hijack this thread??)

classic false dilemma ... one or the other..
Here's a third choice. Rabbit ear antenna! I get all of 3 channels.

TV? What's a TV? Don't get me wrong, I DO have one.....in my bedroom closet!! :D

Marvel:
TV? What's a TV? Don't get me wrong, I DO have one.....in my bedroom closet!! :D
You don't watch TV? What's the matter with you? :05:

I watch the local news in the morning if I'm not running late. :D

3 whole channels! Whoo-hoo!!

JENNY & MARVEL
YOU ARE BETTER WOMEN THAN ME! HOWEVER, WATCHING TV IS THE ONLY WAY I GET TO SPEND TIME WITH MY HUSBAND! (DOESN'T DO MUCH FOR THE SEX LIFE THOUGH - LOL) WE HAVE 5 TVs AND EVEN A PORTABLE FOR THE CAR. I KNOW IT'S SICK! (IN MY DEFENSE - I DON'T EVEN TURN ONE ON WHEN HE IS OUT OF TOWN)

CHUCK
WE HAD CABLE - IT WAS EXPENSIVE BUT RELIABLE
NOW WE HAVE SATELLITE (DISH TV) OF WHICH WE WATCH ABOUT 5 OF THE 2,347+ STATIONS. IT IS LESS EXPENSIVE BUT WE HAVE LOST SIGNAL DURING SOME OF THE REALLY BAD THUNDERSTORMS. ALTHOUGH NEVER DURING THE HURRICANES - GO FIGURE!

WHATEVER YOU DO GET DVR OR TIVO! AT LEAST IF I HAVE TO WATCH TV I DON'T HAVE TO WATCH COMMERCIALS.

ReneeC:
JENNY & MARVEL
YOU ARE BETTER WOMEN THAN ME! HOWEVER, WATCHING TV IS THE ONLY WAY I GET TO SPEND TIME WITH MY HUSBAND! (DOESN'T DO MUCH FOR THE SEX LIFE THOUGH - LOL) WE HAVE 5 TVs AND EVEN A PORTABLE FOR THE CAR. I KNOW IT'S SICK! (IN MY DEFENSE - I DON'T EVEN TURN ONE ON WHEN HE IS OUT OF TOWN)

CHUCK
WE HAD CABLE - IT WAS EXPENSIVE BUT RELIABLE
NOW WE HAVE SATELLITE (DISH TV) OF WHICH WE WATCH ABOUT 5 OF THE 2,347+ STATIONS. IT IS LESS EXPENSIVE BUT WE HAVE LOST SIGNAL DURING SOME OF THE REALLY BAD THUNDERSTORMS. ALTHOUGH NEVER DURING THE HURRICANES - GO FIGURE!

WHATEVER YOU DO GET DVR OR TIVO! AT LEAST IF I HAVE TO WATCH TV I DON'T HAVE TO WATCH COMMERCIALS.

Because I'm getting HD I can't get DVR/Tivo, the unit for HD is $500!!!!!

SmokeAire:
such a cheapskate! Get all of it! :D

SmokeAire:

Well, I think that you had better check the requirement for satellite and HDTV.

I know in the past with DishNetwork, that you needed an extra box to take full advantage.

I have not had satellite (which I really liked) for over a year now. Just extended basic cable (hey, it comes with the place, so it's almost free!)

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom