Non-diving ? Cable or satellite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dish owners OWN the equipment. I am a longtime DISH network user.

http://dishtv.com/best_dvr_hdtv_deal.jsp

Here's the Deal, and everything is FREE with the exception of an activation fee which is refunded back in the first billing cycle.

This includes a HD DVR, and a second receiver... I'd jump on this type of offer because once you do this, you can NOT get a bunch of free stuff again, so get the best you can, and as much as you can when you do this.

Hello, i'm new to this forum but Let me give you my thoughts.

I had Dish Network for about 8 years and I just got rid of it for cable. The main reason was that I live in comunity and all the basic cable is already included. It is actually costing me only $20.00/ month for Basic Digital cable and HDTV with DVR. Not a bad deal. I'm not sure waht the same package would cost if my basic wasn't covered.

SAT Pros:
1.- All digital channels even thought the quality is not perfect
2.- Not afected wide spread outages, not too common

SAT Cons:
1.- Expensive Equipment, specially for a HD/DVR unit
2.- HD for LOcals required and off the air antena
3.- Not many HD Channels
4.- Need receiver for every TV this is $5 per
5.- Thunderstorms and Snow will affect reception in ocassions

Cable Pros:

1.- More HD Channels including locals
2.- Cheaper equipment since you don't have to buy
3.- PVR works good but I do notice some pixelation every no an then when watching a recorded HD Channel
4.- Don't need extra receiver for Regular Cable Channels, so you can connect it to any TV anywhere.

Cable Cons:
1.- Could be expensive depending the situation
2.- Wide Spread Outages possible

Hope this helps a little!

Between basic cable and satellite, I would choose Satellite because of price, this would change if I needed a few receivers. To get the receiver for free you have to sign a 1-2 year contract.

If you want HDTV, I would probably go with cable mostly because I get the locals in HD which is what I watch the most.

If you have any other questions let me know!!

Take Care ,

Walter.....

Chuck,
Good luck with your equipment and tv stuff. I would like to offer my services to come over and help you watch some of that NFL in HD just so you dont get bored :D
Chris

Itote:
Chuck,
Good luck with your equipment and tv stuff. I would like to offer my services to come over and help you watch some of that NFL in HD just so you dont get bored :D
Chris

Non-Florida-Living?
I think that's called the Travel Channel.
What ever it's called you are always welcome in our shore and Key diving neck-o da-woods.

Roomie ain't gonna watch football...but I will!
Go Fins!

Scuba_Jenny:
Roomie ain't gonna watch football...but I will!
Go Fins!

WHAT??!! I CAN"T HEAR YOU! YOUR DAUGHTER AND I ARE LISTENING TO TULL"S "THICK AS A BRICK".....YOU"LL HAVE TO YELL LOUDER THEN YOU USUALLY DO!

:censored:

Scuba_Jenny:

In front of Hermit Crab no less!
Shame.
No tv for you!

Called DishTV last night (right before SB went down for upgrades) and they want $250 for their HDDVR. Remember there are two types of HD/DVR's: one that recieves HD but does not record in HD, that's the one they give you. The other does record HD in HD, that's the one they charge for....DirectTv charges about $500 and DishTv charges $250.

SmokeAire:
....DirectTv charges about $500 and DishTv charges $250.
Well, there goes the down payment on that new dive boat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom