DR Transpac/Wing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How does the DR Travel Wing secure to the Transpac? Is it only sandwiched, or are there clips or Velcro or something?

Also, how would any typical wing with 11" grommetts secure to a Transpac? Is it sandwiched only? Sex bolts?

I am talking only about diving a single tank. Am I correct in assuming, however, that the Transpac could not take a STA?

Thanks.

Mahjong

It may be different for an earlier generation Transpac, versus the current generation Transpac. The current generation was until recently known as the Transpac II.

If you have the current generation Transpac, the cam bands are slipped through the travel wing and harness in such a way as to keep the travel wing secured to the harness. Go through the harness webbing slot, then up through the wing slot and over the thin strap between the wing slots, so the tank strap is between the wing and the tank instead of the wing and the harness, then down through the other wing slot, and through the other webbing slot on the harness, and back up again. Repeat this with the second cam strap.

Hope that helps - my wife showed me this arrangement, she's the real brains of my family!

The earlier generation Transpac may not accomodate this arrangement as well - the tank cam bands were a different design for that harness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom