BP or jacket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guineapig

New
Reaction score
Hi. new here. i recently got certified and was trained using a jacket. now that i'm shopping for my own equipment equipment, i am trying to decide between a BP or a jacket.
what are the advantages and disadvantages of both?
also, here in the philippines, BP's like halcyon pioneer are about $200 cheaper than say, a scubapro nighthawk.
thanks!

also, not a lot of BPs can be found here, the more popular ones are halcyon, oms and exd (has anyone heard of this?). which one is better? :)

Welcome to the board.
Please do a search. There were a couple of threads recently on the subject and tons of them over the years.

Welcome to SB!

Any back mount BC like a Scubapro Knighthawk, Zeagle Stiletto or any BP&W, are all good choices.

Just for clarity, a jacket BC is considered a wrap around inflation device.

Chad

As said, do a search and you will find a list of related topic.

It's good you are awared of BP+Wing at this stage. I certainly hope I know of BP+Wing's availability when I was getting my first BCD.

Go with the BP/W you won't regret it. It is a simple system and that the reason it is so effective.

Hyper-limits:
Go with the BP/W you won't regret it. It is a simple system and that the reason it is so effective.

Better yet make several dives in a jacket, a BP AND a back inflate and see which you prefer. There are those of us who have and prefer something other than a BP.

Do the search and from the tons of info there, decide the features you want in your new BP/W system.

:D

guineapig:
also, here in the philippines,
Fill in your profile a bit and maybe someone can point you to where you could rent the various types. PI covers a lot of area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom