Oceanic Probe BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gene1948

Registered
Reaction score
I am considering this BC and would greatly appreciate any comments about your experience with the Probe. Are there any significant observations PRO / CON that you can share before I buy? Any other comparable BCDs that you would recommend instead? I have looked at the Mares Vector 1000 MRS as another option.

Thanks very much for any help.

Gene

They advertise it as "tech in all the right places". I don't know about all that. :11:

I had one that I didn't care for, it wasn't bad, but it was covered with pockets that were basically unuseable with any amount of air in the BC, except maybe the "tech" mesh pockets way down low on the sides. Basically I bought it before I knew what other options were out there, and I eventually sold it on ebay for about half what I paid for it.

Of course, now I'm one of those BP/W "fanatics" you read about on SB... :wink:

I have tried both, and I own a Mares Vector 1000. Both are comfy and have great control. The mechanical release system on the Mares was sticky so I dremmeled the hole that the pin fits through until it was smooth. Works great now.
Both BCs are great at the surface, and are easy to vent from any body position at depth.
Which one fits you the best?
Are the prices comparable?
I think that Scubatoys has the Mares for a good price.
I dive a Zeagle Ranger now, because I got a great price on it, and its more adjustable to fit over my drysuit.

The probe is virtually identical to the Pro FX other than the Pro FX has blue accents... and goes for a few hundred less...

And we use them in our training and have been very happy with the Oceanic Pro FX for a Jacket style BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom