Apex WTX BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

revid

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any experience (or knows someone who does) with the Apex WTX BP, harness, and wings. I'm wondering because I haven't been able to get my hands on any yet and would hate to think about a purchase without hearing from someone who has tried them.

Thanks.

they look nice and sweet but like you said, they arent available here yet. lets just keep on waiting:)

me and a buddy went through the trouble of special ordering the wtx harness/ bp set up with 32# wing.....waited about a month to get in, only to find out that they're complete pieces of garbage. I really don't know why we even waited this long, but about an hr after we picked them up, we returned them to the store, and purchased halcyon's eclipse set up right after.

we both expected the apeks to look better, and perform equally, but the difference in quality was pretty obvious...or lack of....the back plate had rough edges (slivers) the wing was too large and was not protected like halcyons, and the neoprene shoulder straps were crap. I know there's ALOT of people wondering about the apeks wtx....we were in that group...now we know for a fact that halcyon rules....hahhaa..

hope it helps.

Get Halcyon for the name, and the big, pretty H. Get DiveRite or DSS because they're just as good (better in some ways), and a lot less dough.

I don't have first hand experience, but I seem to recall reading somewhere else that the Apex rig was a disappointment, too. Try search?

I agree with the above post. I have the plate and Surelok weight system. They suck. Wanna buy one cheap? :wink:

sbushong:
I agree with the above post. I have the plate and Surelok weight system. They suck. Wanna buy one cheap? :wink:
How many dives do you have with it? What are specific weaknesses that you perceive?

I'm personally interested in the WTX harness because (I think) I can use my current b/p with it, it seems easy to don and adjust, and a rescuer should be able to get me out easily. Do you agree?

On the other hand, since the backpack straps connect at the waist band (not the back plate), it might be less stable than a true Hog system. What do you find?

The Surelok weight ditching system looks to work well. Does it?

Can I sling a stage or pony with the weight system installed? Can I get at my SPG, too (clipped to the waist D-ring)?

OBTW, anybody know the street price for the harness alone?

the back plate had rough edges (slivers) the wing was too large

Which wing did you get?

I never dove with Apex nor done any technical diving, however, i saw the wtx 60-80lbs of lift wing downhere. It looks the same as the seaquest one. Maybe it's because they belong to one group now, Aqua-Lung. If it were for rec-tek it's fine but i doubt it if it good enough or not for technical diving. I hope this disappointing with apeks brand only occur with their bcd not with the regs cause i plan to buy Apeks XTX200.

Take care

it was the 32# wtx3 wing. It wasn't so much the size as the flimsy construction that bothered me. there's no protective covering, and it seems very thin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom