Eritrea diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mocrumbo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all,
I am new to the group. I've been diving for a while, mostly cold water (NY & CA). I have the opportunity to do a medical mission in Eritrea (March 2006) and of course I have to bring my gear! Just to be able to dive without a hood....

I've been searching for info and haven't come up with a lot. Has anybody been there? I don't think I have the time to do a liveaboard since I'll be working.

Any contact info or anything would be most appreciated!

THANKS,
Heather

There are quite a few posts on the subject in the Africa locations forums. I saw mention of at least 20 active sites and Luul Resort Hotel on Dahlak Kebir accomodating divers was even remodeled recently.

Hi there and welcome to the boards! I don't personally have any information on the site your looking for, but I bet that there are people around here that do!! I would definetley check the Africa locations forum as suggested, that might be a great start!!

Have fun and safe diving!
Kayla

Welcome to the board!
Eritria? Where is that?

Joe

Hello Heather,

why not start with this link: A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums.
It will give you lots of info regarding ScubaBoard.

Please fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) when you've got the time so we can get to know you a little bit better. If you want to, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration. :wink:

For local info and/or (future) buddies, just follow the path or have fun along the way by clicking on any of the given links: ScubaBoard.Com > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > Africa/Middle East.

Laurens

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Have fun here, and enjoy your trip...

:zorros: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Hello Heather, the situation in Massawa is not so funny in these days in winter 2005/06. Dive excursions (weekend) to the islands happen, but quite seldom. Gasoline for the few dive boats is not always available.
Hopefully the danger of a new war between Eritrea and Ethiopia will have disappeared until your arrival in March 2006. Probably you will live and work on the highland. Then you may call Doris from the Eritrean Dive Centre phone 552 688 in Massawa and ask, when a short dive trip is planned. You can try to inform and ask her before you travel to Eritrea by e-mail to dorisw3004@yahoo.co.uk.
Ciao
Rembert

Back
Top Bottom