SHerwod Avid 2002

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stogie1020,
hi there. I would agree with the ratings. I have been renting to get a feel of waht I liked best and dove with the Seaquest pro QD and was considering buying it but then tried the Avid this year. Luckily my LDS had the choice and I can't say enough about this BC.

1)The Avid fit my body like a glove.
2)Lots of adjustmets
3)Lots of D rings to clip gear on ( 6)
4)2 tank straps, keeps than tank secure without soaking the straps

I was able to fine tune my Buoyancy pretty easy and as said in the reviews, the two air dump valves one in the rear and one on the right shoulder were nice. My only complaint was that the shoulder dump valve cord somtimes got tangled in the d rings.
not a huge issue though.

If I remember correctly, the pocket access at depth was an issue from the review. I dont stow a lot of stuff in the pockets, so I dont have an isue with this, but I was more concerned with overall fit.

just my 2 cents.

be a devil's advocate, only thing I did not appreciate about the AVID was that I was looking to streamilne more than that solution allowed. I think the AVID is an excellent BC that will give you years of great service if it fits you well and you are ok with the profile.

hey there well I can say I have tried on everything in my area that can and I went with this set up
sherwood avid XL BC
apeks ATX 200 regulator
atx 100 for back up
herderson gold 5 mm wet suit
henderson boot& cloves
cobras computer with compass and comptuer hook up and softwear
1 tank alum
fins went with the mares avanti quatro fins
masK found a nice parkway purge mask fits me great
folding snorkal goes inside pocket for BC
did I do good

Lots of D-rings? I only use three and I carry lots of gear into caves. What do you clip on them?

personally I dont use more than 2-3 too. I did not mean to imply that the number of D rings was such a significant thing vs the overall fit and comfort.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
Lots of D-rings? I only use three and I carry lots of gear into caves. What do you clip on them?

Well, I bought the Avid 2002 from DiveUS.com, but not before visiting their retail store in San Diego and trying it on. I opted to get the Sherwood Oasis reg. and octo as well, along with an inline console with the Genesis React computer. The store was a delight to deal with, and did what they could regarding the total price. I jumped in the pool with the Avid, and it was great. Looking forward to many years of use from it!! Thanks for the input from everyone.

Back
Top Bottom