Casio Sea Pathfinder SPF-70: Opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CyberFish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Please can someone who owns a Sea Pathfinder SPF-70 let me know what they think of it?

As my old watch has bitten the dust, I think that a replacement which includes a depth gauge and a bottom timer could be pretty useful. I can get one for about the same price as other watches I am looking at buying. This won't be a replacement for a computer in the long term although I don't dive enough to justify the expense of a computer right now. Also, if anyone knows of a digital watch other than the Aqualand that includes a depth gauge then I would be very interested to know.

Some questions:
- Is the bottom timer started automatically on entering the water? I have heard conflicting reports.
- Can you stop the bottom timer prematurely whist keeping the dive information? (thus I can log the time from starting descent to starting ascent rather than total time in the water)
- Can you use the stopwatch whist retaining the dive information? I have been told you can't switch to the compass without losing the logged info, but switching to a stopwatch may be useful for timing safety stops.
- Is the titanium strap easy to adjust? Usually it would be adjusted for my wrist, but how easy would it be to change the strap length to fit over a wetsuit and then back again when the dive is finished?

Thanks.

Gee, I'm kinda bummed that there haven't been any replies to this post. I'm a little interested in this watch, too.

DivesWithTurtles:
Gee, I'm kinda bummed that there haven't been any replies to this post. I'm a little interested in this watch, too.

I am not sure which PAthfinder model you are referring to but I have one that I wear as a wrist mounted backup to my AI Sherwood Wisdom. There are three downsides...
1. It doesn't measure/display depth below 100ft
2. You have to activate depth guage mode
3. It is not a "SCUBA" watch since it is only tested to 100m

I have also heard good things about the Timex Helix (although I am not sure if they make them I think you can source them online)

I am lusting after the St. Moritz Nereos but for that price I could buy a whole computer, but it sure is pretty and does exactly what I need.

Do a thread search and you will find a lot of discussion on this topic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom