Citizen Aqualand Titanium Rotating Bezel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

starlan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this board, but I need some help. I recently got the Citizen Aqualand the all tatinium version with the analog depth gauge version. It is very nice and I wear it everyday now as I plan to wear it diving as well. I will be having my first dive with it in Turks and Caicos next month which I look very forward to.

Anyways I have one concern though, the rotating bezel gets very difficult to turn sometimes. Sometimes it turns without much effort and sometimes it turns maybe a quarter circle or so kind of easily but then just get harder and harder until its unturnable. Then after leaving it for a few seconds it loosens up and starts turning again, and then gets really hard to turn again and locks up, has anyone else encountered this problem? There is something definetely wrong with the watch and it is impossible to turn it while it is wet, so what good is that? I dont know why it does this, I think someone may have tried turning the bezel the wrong way and ruined the mechanism, (maybe while still in the store before it was baught?)

I am planning on sending the watch to Citizen but I need it back within a month. Has anyone dealt with this problem before, how quickly does Citizen send back items that are on warranty? I am assuming that the regular rotating bezels are easy to turn as they would have to be to be able to rotate wet.

Thanks all.

Update: I realized that the bezel doesnt turn when wet. This means there is something wrong with the mechanism so as when water gets in it, it locks up like mentioned above, anyone else encountered such a problem? Since the watch is so new im undecided as to whether contact Citizen directly or the store that it was bought from, any input would greatly help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom