I bought an Oceanic VT Pro, where is the best spot for the transmitter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, you only have two choices, i.e. the 2 HP ports - best spot would probably be on same side as the arm/wrist that you wear the VT Pro.

On the MK25 the 2 HP ports are located either side of the first stage, next to the yoke or DIN, and clearly marked "HP." The LP ports (x5) are on the swivel turret.

The HP port thread size is different from the thread size of the LP ports - your Oceanic transmitter will not fit on a LP port. The reason there are so many LP ports is to give the user many options/combinations for hose routing for diving single and double tanks.

Finger tight, and then just a little bit tighter - if you are not sure, take it down to your LDS and have them do it.

No probs, hope you get to use the VT Pro in the water soon.

Hello, I just got the VT Pro as well... the instructions recommend using Christo-Lube MCG111 grease on the O-ring seal... is there any equivalent types... it says this is a halocarbon based grease...that's just normal grease isn't it? My LDS options here in Qatar are more than a bit limited but I want to make sure I get a good seal on the transmitter/HP port... I looking forward to diving with it this weekend. Thanks in advance for any assistance

Don't even worry about any lube... Just screw it in as tight as you can hand tight, then give it just a bit past that with a thin wrench. Not moving probably more than noon to 1 with the wrench. Just enough so it doesn't back out if you bump it.

Everyone gets all worried about whether to lube that o-ring on the transmitter, or on any hose. Think about it for a second, the o ring there is screwed in to place where it cannot move - and it goes in there and stays... Maybe come out once a year.

The pressure on a tank o-ring is exactly the same pressure, and that gets regs and fill whips tossed on it 2 or 3 times a day, people unscrewing yokes before the bleed lines, etc... and yet that o-ring on a tank gets no lube and lasts for hundreds of times off and on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom