Suunto Dive Manager 2.3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JonAustin:
Suunto has released DM 2.3. I haven't gotten to play with it yet. Does anybody see any real improvements, or is the old software merely compatible with their new D6?

I tried that one (I currently have 1.6) and hated it. I think the 1.6 has much more functionality and is a lot more user friendly. Thats my opinion though.

I got a copy of this version a couple of weeks ago. It looks like it only supports the new D6 interface. They say it fixed some bugs, but for the things I was looking for nothing changed.

DJ

rockjock3:
I tried that one (I currently have 1.6) and hated it. I think the 1.6 has much more functionality and is a lot more user friendly. Thats my opinion though.

same opinion here. I have both but only use 1.6. I like the file format (.sdm files) instead of the other one you dont know where or how your info is saved.

I like the logbook style of 1.6 and graphs. I like it's rapidity.

I hate 2.3 :wink:

My Cobra would not give acurate temperature readings on the displayed software download after the dive. Suunto said they were aware of the problem and had a fix for this coming out. SDM 2.3 fixed this.

Alan

wardric:
same opinion here. I have both but only use 1.6. I like the file format (.sdm files) instead of the other one you dont know where or how your info is saved.

v2.x stores all the data in an MS-Access database. It is password protected, but easy to get around. I have the password (at home) if anyone wants it. In theory it is easy to pull the information out of the database in whatever format you want to (eg, make a custom report to print your logs how you want them. In practice, it's a rather convaluted database design, and may take some fiddling to get you head around it. I have plans to do this. But I also have plans to do a lot of other things too...

My mistake, I dont have 2.3 but 2.1.3 so I dont know if I should hate 2.3 or not. It seems though that 2.3 is not much different than 2.1.3 in it's conception. I'll try it and will be back with my evaluation.

Transfering info from 1.6 to 2.X was a bad experience. All my data got mixed up and some was lost. Also, the order of my dives was all mixed up. Some were named after dive # and some by date but even dates were in different format (D/M/Y and some in Y/M/D). Very annoying.

Bigger Al:
My Cobra would not give acurate temperature readings on the displayed software download after the dive. Suunto said they were aware of the problem and had a fix for this coming out. SDM 2.3 fixed this.

Alan

Yea, all my dives were reading 32 degrees F. Yea, in Hawaii.

The lousy software is the primary reason I got rid of my suunto computers. They haven't improved nearly enough to make it worth changing back. I've gone to Uwatec and love their software.

I've been using v2.2 for a couple of months now for my cobra ... if 2.3 is a bug fix ... can we pull down a bug fix list in english? Now if only Cochran would make their software as easy to obtain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom