how do I reset my Mosquito?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CIBDiving:
Why YES I do, I even have the tools to do it.
a hammer and then a bucket of water no more dive data...
Why your wife looking at your dive history and accusing you of diving and not being at work?:wink:

Well, first of all the reason I want to reset it is because I just recently bought it second hand and I don't want somebody elses dives on it(fyi, I'm only 18, and still haven't had the oppertunity to get married :wink:)...I tried pulling out the battery, but the dives were still there, I tried using the pc conection, but it can only reset the history, i.e max depth and dive time. I was hoping that there is a way to get into the dive computer's memory though the pc connection and that way delete the stored dives.

btw, CIB, where you joking or do you really have the tools (I built a pc connection to my dive comp by myself, with the exception of getting schematics off the net. So all I need now is some kind of program to reset the dive comp)

Thanks for the input

Fyodor_Sumkin:
btw, CIB, where you joking or do you really have the tools (I built a pc connection to my dive comp by myself, with the exception of getting schematics off the net. So all I need now is some kind of program to reset the dive comp)

Thanks for the input

Wasn't Jokeing. I just got the thing working.

See this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=129394

The Download isn't the newest one - I'll have that up tonite about 7pm Alaska time.
It won't reset your computer but if I've gotten the communication bug fixed it's only a step away. I have the thing working fine with both my cable ( an off brand) and with a Suunto USB cable. I borrowed a Suunto RS232 cable from Snowbear this morning but it's got a wire loose and I have to resolder before I can test it - no problem except I just moved and can't find the box with the Iron in it!

Tell you what, Test that program of mine on your cable and I'll write you a program to reset your DC. It's not hard, just zero memory locations 0x20 thru 0x23 and write an 0x82 into the location before that pointed to by the word at 0x51.
That clears dive time , dive count and all profiles.

I have the program working with the Suunto RS232 interface, the Suunto USB interface and the CustomIdea interface. Please get the latest version and test it for me!

CIBDiving:
Tell you what, Test that program of mine on your cable and I'll write you a program to reset your DC. It's not hard, just zero memory locations 0x20 thru 0x23 and write an 0x82 into the location before that pointed to by the word at 0x51.
That clears dive time , dive count and all profiles.

I'd like that very much thanks.
Are you going to add that function to your program, or are you going to make a seperate one?
Is it possible to import my dives from the old computer to the new one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom