Bending a Scubapro AirZ Nitrox what happens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HNITSUJ

Contributor
Reaction score
If I were to bend an Air Z Nitrox computer, will it completely lock me out or will it go into gauge mode only? I ask because I am moving on to a deco computer and want to retain the airz as a backup bottom timer but for some reason I think it will lock me out.

Thanks

If you bend it, it will lock you out for 24 hours. Since it's a single-gas computer, if you're decoing on a different gas than it's set for, chances are good that you'll bend it.

As far as I can tell, there's no guage mode.

Terry

HNITSUJ:
If I were to bend an Air Z Nitrox computer, will it completely lock me out or will it go into gauge mode only? I ask because I am moving on to a deco computer and want to retain the airz as a backup bottom timer but for some reason I think it will lock me out.

Thanks

:D I would think if you bend it it will break. Don't most computers have buttons or contacts to change the mode? :D

My Uwated SmartCom has a gauge mode, but there isn't one listed for the Air Z.

It seems odd that it wouldn't have one, but it's not in the docs.

Terry

rockjock3:
:D I would think if you bend it it will break. Don't most computers have buttons or contacts to change the mode? :D

I did not think it did have a gauge mode. It is common practice up here to bring and air computer (really as a timer) bend it and use it as a gauge only the next dive. Its mostly because we seem to always have an old air computer so it just works. Unfortunately, my old air computer is the airz which is useless to me for this. The thing I don't like about the scubapro/oms bottom timer is it is too tall. So I was looking into an inexpensive computer with gauge mode. Thanks

Tobin's Bottom Timer mount helps reduce height significantly.

http://www.deepseasupply.com/page19.html

HNITSUJ:
The thing I don't like about the scubapro/oms bottom timer is it is too tall. So I was looking into an inexpensive computer with gauge mode. Thanks

I have his mount for the suunto compass, it is nice but for the BT it just does not work for me. First, I don't want stuff on my wrists anymore. In a wetsuit it was fine, in the drysuit I find it cumbersome with the seals and also gets in the way reaching into things. If the BT was thinner it would be nice, mounted on my SPG and out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom