Suunto D6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryochek

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All

Interested to know your thoughts on the new realese Suunto D6. Supposed to have all the features of the D9 but with no transmitter.

Any ideas on price and where I might be able to get one at the best price??

Thanks

Welcome to SB

Sunto D6 2 gases no transmitter D9 3 gases with transmitter.
If you interested D9 I can give you privilege price unfortunately D6 not yet arrive in Hong Kong. Please send to PM.

Jason

Hi,

I've just got my D6 and am chuffed to bits with it. I had a prototype to play with for a couple of months, but this is the genuine article.

It is a slightly smaller, slimmer version of the 'bling bling' D9 – better for everyday use, which is how I wear it (it is replacing my four-year-old Stinger) – but it only has two gases instead of three, no air-integration and it is only depth-rated to 150m (think D9 is 190m or 200m).

For what I want out of a watch-style computer, it is perfect. It also has a better strap and buckle than the D9, and comes with a plastic protective cover and an extender strap for over a drybag.

In the UK it is going to retail for £470, and they are going to be in short supply to start with, so I wouldn't imagine any mega deals on it immediately.

Very nifty piece of kit, though…

Mark

I just send you PM

Stock available Sunto D6 special price.

Jason

The D6 is about the same size as the Stinger, if not a tiny bit thinner. The major difference is the width of the strap, which is wider than the watch-style one on the Stinger. Main thing for me is the fact it is, like the Stinger, quite subtle and less in your face than a D9.

Mark

Sounds sweet I can't wait to get them in over here on Okinawa...

Just for curiousity, is the D6 a replacement for the Stinger? There was this big price cuts (by as much as USD 250) on the Stinger in the local market for a month. I was guessing that something new is coming out..........................

Back
Top Bottom