USB-interface for DiveRite/Tusa/Apeks/Cressi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hanssing

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As far as I can tell my PC-interface for Cressi Archimedes I is identical with the one used for:

Apeks Quantum
Tusa IQ-700
DiveRite Nitek Duo
Cressi-Sub Archimedes II
Cressi-Sub Archimedes I
and probably more...

Can anyone confirm that the interface is the same (the big clothes-pin), and will work with different computers?
I.e. have somebody tried to download from different manufactors with the same interface.

I got my Archimedes I stolen :monster: - and I'm thinking of buying the Quantum - but I still have the interface. Apeks does not know if the interface will work :06:

I have used my interface with both a Tusa and a Dive Rite and even used it to upload data from my Tusa to the Dive Rite program by simply telling the program that it was a Duo. They are pretty much the same computers.

See this part of the Scubatoys page - they say the clothespin interface will work for any of these similar-bodied Sieko-made dive computers.

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Scuba_Nitrox_Computers.asp?PAGE=3

The Apeks software and TUSA software look pretty much identical to me except for background logo. I like the TUSA software MUCH better than the Dive Rite software.

The TUSA has a 2 year warranty - something to consider vs. the Quantum.

No idea - you could drop Larry at Scubatoys a PM I suppose.

Have you tried the Scubapro Japan site for an interface for the Xtender? They have more model variants of the Xtender than any other Scubapro web site.

WarmWaterDiver:
No idea - you could drop Larry at Scubatoys a PM I suppose.

Have you tried the Scubapro Japan site for an interface for the Xtender? They have more model variants of the Xtender than any other Scubapro web site.

ok thanks. will look for the japan site.

Hoyden:
I have used my interface with both a Tusa and a Dive Rite and even used it to upload data from my Tusa to the Dive Rite program by simply telling the program that it was a Duo. They are pretty much the same computers.

Great! Good news! I was not sure if every computer has it's own 'Vendor-ID' and the software does not accept a computer from another vendor.

Do you know if the Dive-Rite computer also uploads to the TUSA pc-software? Or would it be possible for you to try that with the download software from Cressi-sub?

If that's the case, the possiblity is very high that it IS possible to use the Cressi-sub software to read-out all the other computers and a very simple DIY serial-to-divecomputer interface is all we need to get going...

I've now bought the Apeks Quantum - so a dive during the weekend wil tell.

Thanks for all your answers.

Btw: The cressi sure looks better....

Nicolai

Hanssing,

Let me know if you want the 'trick' for transferring data from the TUSA / Apeks software to MS Excel once you try things out - PM me with your external e-mail address.

jigo:
ok thanks. will look for the japan site.

Here's the link

http://www.scubapro.co.jp/products/dive_computer/02.html

The interface hardware looks a lot like the hardware used for the Dive Rite NiTek Plus / Apeks Pulse / TUSA IQ-800 Sapience.

The software pics look a whole lot like the TUSA and Apeks PC Logbook software (not too surprising).

The Olympus stuff is not something I've seen elsewhere - and is probably all in Japanese which wouldn't do me much good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom