at20 freeflow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetwillie2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hello all, at20 regulator was serviced in february. i did my first dive with it recently and it free flowed when at the surface,and below with adjustment knob on minimum. now i get home clean my stuff up connect my hoses and put it in a cooler with water and it doesnt leak air (this is with a full tank 2900psi). i shake it a bit and it leaks. so i turned the hex screw in 1/2 turn and it got a little better but still leaks when i shake it. is this normal? is it ok for me to adjust this screw in small increments?

wetwillie2:
hello all, at20 regulator was serviced in february. i did my first dive with it recently and it free flowed when at the surface,and below with adjustment knob on minimum. now i get home clean my stuff up connect my hoses and put it in a cooler with water and it doesnt leak air (this is with a full tank 2900psi). i shake it a bit and it leaks. so i turned the hex screw in 1/2 turn and it got a little better but still leaks when i shake it. is this normal? is it ok for me to adjust this screw in small increments?

I'm not that familiar with Apeks, but it sounds to me that you may be trying to correct a 2nd stage (too light on the cracking pressure) problem by adjusting the 1st stage. Learn more or take it back to the tech.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom