Still confused?? AL legend LX vs. titan LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underachiever

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We gave the Aqualung legend LX and the Titan LX the pool test last night. I really could not tell much difference. They both worked well. The legend may have been a little easier to breath but very little. Will this difference be more noticable at depth or over time? The legend does have the adjustment.

I do not see us ever going below 130 ft. or so.

These are both from our LDS. When I came out of the pool I was ready to go with the titan. Very little difference but a lot better price. One of the owners was really suggesting the legend. He said that when you were tired and fighting a current would be when you would be glad you had the legend.

Does anyone have or have had each of these and how did they compare? WE will be getting 2 so the price difference will add up. In fact it will amost cover AOW for both of us. We have 18 logged dives and will be starting our AOW next week.

Some people say get the best and others say that no regs are bad. At least the reputable ones.

Dazed and confused.
RE

Hey
check out the thread that i started a while ago about the same subject.

To summarize that thread,
they were both good reliable regs but the legend offered benefits when at depth and eased breathing but not huge big deals if you aren't planning on doing that kinda stuff. The titan is a great reg that will serve you well (like a honda accord). The legend is more like a mercedes.

For me, I chose to pay the extra money for the Legend LX. I had several reasons for it... which may not necessarily pertain to you. I don't dive too much, maybe 1-2 trips per year, but I wanted something nice that I could use for years to come without upgrading to something better. I also got a pretty good deal on my legend LX and couldn't pass up the free Legend octo ($199). Part of it has to do with who i am... I kinda like having the best/newest stuff that i can get and I was willing to spend the extra bux for it. If i was a poor college student, I woulda bought the Titan without a second thought and from what people say, not have regretted it at all.

basically, you'd be happy with either of them. Buy what you are willing to spend.
hope that helps if any

I see you also are asking the about gauges or computers

I would buy the Titan LX and use the money saved for computers

I use the Legend LX as my primary and a Titan LX as my secondary, the other three divers in my family use the Titan LX as their primary

Are you asking me something? If so I am afraid I do not understand the question

Sorry about that,

TRIPOD- When you mention that "kind of stuff" What are you referring to and what depth?

I like my Titan LX. I do photography (I try, anyway) and frequently twist and turn up/down/sideways and the Titan breathes nicely regardless of position.

i was referring to deep diving.
I remind ya that this is all hearsay that I was gathering from people responding to my question. I bought the legend but have yet to really use it in a diving situation other than the pool yet.

The Legend is my primary reg. The Titan LX is my stage reg. So I am often switching back and forth between them during the dive, and at various depths. Sometimes the stage is the shallow deco reg and sometimes it is the deep mix.

I can tell the difference between the two, but it is a very subtle difference, and more noticeable at the much deeper depths, but still very small.

Given the factors you have put forth, I would suggest the Titan LX for you. Many of my dive buddies use the Titan LX as their only reg and are very pleased with it. It is very durable, easy to service, and a great performer, especially considering how much less expensive it is than the other regs in its class.

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom