OW Certification in Eilat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cornflaker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi - I am a new member (joined today). I looked through the older posts here but I did not find exactly what I am looking for, so I thought I would post here as well.

I am not certified but I have been on two "hotel course" guided dives. I am headed to Israel for three weeks (leaving July 9th) and my time there is basically unstructured as of yet. Recently, I decided that I would make time to head to Eilat and get my OW certification.

I have been to the websites for a number of the dive centers there, but I am not sure which one to choose. I am ready, willing and able to devote 4 or 5 days to getting certified - I just want to find the best place for a beginner.

I will also need accomodations while I am there (cheaper is better) but I am not sure whether I should stay in a dive lodge or go for one of the hotels. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Finally (at least for now), I saw someone suggest getting the manual here before I go. Which book do I get? Is there a standard manual that everyone uses? Is there anything else I should buy here to save money when I am there? I do not have any equipment at all so far.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

You'll need 5 days for OW certification.
All clubs in Eilat offer more or less the same courses with similar prices. Most of them include the price for 20 mandatory guided dives- required by local law in order to get the certification. You don't need this thing, so you have to make clear what you are paying for, and perhaps choose a club that separates mandatory dives from the price.
Some clubs can arrange basic accomodation with reasonable prices.

Recommended clubs? All are good for begginners and advanced diver alltogether. Try Red Sea Sports club, Siam Divers, Marina Divers, Meduza, Aqua Sport, Coral Sea divers.

Hotels are usually more expensive than small lodges, youth hostels etc. During July Eilat could be overcrowded (school vacations...) so make sure you have arranged accomodation.

Hi,
Welcome to the divers world.
Eilat is a very good place to learn how to dive since the water conditions are very good (great visibility, nice things to see, interesting sites and no currents).
I personally recommend Red Sea Sports Club since it's the oldest and have basic accomodation for the dive courses students. I can also recommend a private course by NemoDivers. Its a one man dive club where you get all you need from a great instructor.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. After talking with an Israeli family member who dives, I decided to go with Red Sea Sports Club. I will let you all know how it goes!

Well, I am in Israel and things here are wonderful. Even the jet lag was not as bad as I had feared. I am signed up for the OW course at Red Sea Sports Club (sorry, shrswnm) and I begin on Sunday. I have decided to do only the 1-star at this point - otherwise the training will take up too much of my time and there are a LOT of other things I would like to do in Israel on this trip.

Thank you all for your help. I will post again to let you know how it is going.

say hi for the fish from me...
who is your instructor in the red sea sports club ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom