How to maintain my ScubaPro Mk17?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divnamite

Reaction score
I bought a first set of regs Mk17/S600. I only have a few dives on it, loving it so far. I bought this from my LDS, so anual service is not a problem for me. My question is, if I dive a lot during the period, what's the best/effective way to keep it in good shape? I also wash/soak it in freshwater after I dive. Never dry it under direct sunlight, I'll be putting those hose protector on it soon. Anything else I should pay attention to?

Also, I really enjoy this sports, I want to slowly start learning maintaining my own equipment, such as BCD and Regs. Any suggestion on how to go about this? My shop doesn't really offer the equipment class because it's low in demand. I found a few guide books on the internet, are they any good?

divnamite:
I also wash/soak it in freshwater after I dive. Never dry it under direct sunlight, I'll be putting those hose protector on it soon. Anything else I should pay attention to?

Remember also to remove the hose protectors (just slide them up/down the hose a bit) when washing the reg after the dive. The salt will gather under it.

Unless your hose routing is causing stress at the connectors, forgo the hose protectors as they may be unnecessary dirt collectors.

Good book: ww.airspeedpress.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom