Apex TX 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hi, I'm a 44 year old Granny who has been diving for a year. I have done my PADI advanced & am now swapping over to BSAC to do Sport Diver. Can anyone tell me where I can find out in more detail how my Apex TX 50 regulator works - I have read the info in the Sport Diver manual but that is very basic. Many thanks

Welcome to SB!

Granny Clare:
Can anyone tell me where I can find out in more detail how my Apex TX 50 regulator works - I have read the info in the Sport Diver manual but that is very basic.

If you just want simple explanations of how various types of regulator function, I would suggest taking a look at the NAUI Master Scuba Diver text book.

You can download the "regular" Apeks regulator manual here:

http://www.aqualung.com/technical_library/ApeksOM.pdf

If you need the service manual, go to http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/apeks/

You can then download the DST (TX50 first stage) service maual by clicking on:

"apeks tx50-40 1st stage service manual.pdf"

And you can download the TX series second stage service maual by clicking on:

"apeks 2nd stage service manual.pdf"

or buy Vance Harlow's book Regulator Maintence and Repair. It's a great book that breaks down the operation of almost all regulators how everything works, why it works and how to repair them as well.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-009.gif

Are there some questions that you need an immediate answer to? I have had my TX 50's for 6 years and love them. I recently took apart an ATX 50 and did not see any significant difference other then the diaphragm cover is now chrome instead of black and the cover plate is a little different. The internals have not changes that I can see.

Take Care

Hi
The questions I would like to know are: Are my regulators upstream or downstream (I am presuming downstream). Are they balanced or unbalanced, piston or diaphragm - what does all this mean and do Lithium crystal enter anywhere in to the story. Just to fill you in - having prouddly proclaimed that I knew how my regulators worked (by reading the BSAC manual) these questions were thrown at me & I realised I didn't know much at all (it's a matter of honour you know!)

Many thanks Granny Clare

MilitantMedic:
or buy Vance Harlow's book Regulator Maintence and Repair. It's a great book that breaks down the operation of almost all regulators how everything works, why it works and how to repair them as well.

It is an exceptional book, as are all those sold by Airspeed Press

Here's the page concerning the book in question

I figured some links could only help.

As far as I know, Vance Harlow is on this board, with screename of Oxyhacker <sp?>

Oh yeah, I haven't read the one concerning boosters, so I suppose I can't really comment on that one, but I own the rest.

Good luck,

Adam

Your (and mine for that matter) TX50s are balanced downstream barrel poppets. Your first stage be it a, DST or DS4, is a dry sealed balanced diaphram. I have no idea about litium crystals though.....

heheh, I have a feeling that "lithium crystals" is something out of Star Trek though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom