Din 1st Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cralmic

Reaction score
Can you use a din 300 in a 232 valve? I do not know if it is ok to screw the 300 in as far as it goes or do i have to use a 300 din valve with the 300 din 1st stage.

thanks

You can use a 300 BAR DIN first stage with a 200 BAR valve,,,you CAN'T use a 200 DIN first stage with a 300 valve because of the end o-ring in the 200 not sealing in the 300 valve. For this very reason, it is my choice to use 200 valves and manifolds.

ya

300's work on 300 and 232

232's only work on 232

it's done that way so that the "weaker" 232 fitting is not subjected to the "stronger" 300 pressure

texdiveguy:
For this very reason, it is my choice to use 200 valves and manifolds.

Umm, why not just buy 300 bar regs?

PerroneFord:

Not all the folks you loan tanks to will have 300 bar regs... some might even need it to be converted to [gasp] a yoke valve (which a 232 bar DIN valve can usually be converted into with a "donut" insert)

kidspot:
Not all the folks you loan tanks to will have 300 bar regs... some might even need it to be converted to [gasp] a yoke valve (which a 232 bar DIN valve can usually be converted into with a "donut" insert)

Anyone I would loan my tanks to would have 300 bar regs. Otherwise they get the AL80 with a yoke.

PerroneFord:

The 200 BAR is my pick for both reg. and valve/manifold. This way if in a pinch and I need to use a 300 BAR reg. it works,,,,not the case if your eqpt. with 300 BAR valves/manifolds. The actual 'strength' difference is SO small,,,we are talking a few threads worth. At least in my part of the world the majority of divers using DIN will be using 200 BAR systems.

You can leave 200bar valves and manifolds on your tanks if you like. But buy 300bar regs. That way you can use your regs on your tanks or 300 bar tanks.

PerroneFord:
You can leave 200bar valves and manifolds on your tanks if you like. But buy 300bar regs.

LOL... :) OK, I will run out tomm. and replace all 7 of my reg. to 300 BAR.....silly you!! NO SILLY ME!!!!!!!!!

Actually speaking----5 of my 7 first stage DINS are infact 300 BAR,,,,,the 2 that are not, are units on my argon bottle and sport 19cf. pony bottle.*** I was speaking with forked tongue above----must be the LONG day and late night hours,,,ZZZzzzzzzzz

Back
Top Bottom