Delta 4 vs. Flathead IV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking to make a purchase between either the Oceanic Delta 4 or the Zeagle Flathead IV. I think I know which one I am going to purchase but before i do I would like to get some feedback from the forum of your opinion.

My goal here is to purchase a regulator that I will use in the near future for technical diving. The enviroment I will be diving will be in the Temp range 40F to 60F and the depths from 80 ft. to 180 ft.

I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Both will do the job well, what you are about to get is just preference....

Mine being you get the Oceanic!

Just for the sake of a counter vote. I vote for the Zeagle. Great reg in cold deep water.

I own the Delta 4 with the FDX10 first stage, and it is an awesome regulator! I highly recommend it. I dive mainly in the cold waters of the Northeast (New Jersey), both salt and fresh water. I have tried the Zeagle, and it too is a very nice regulator... but I find that I like the Delta 4 more. Another thing to keep in mind is that you'll have an easier time of finding service for an Oceanic regulator while traveling (if the need arises). That is a big consideration if you're going to be doing a lot of dive travel.

Good Luck with wichever you choose.

I've taken my Dekta4 into 90ft dives in water temps of 37 degrees with no problems so far. Breathes nice and easy. That's all I can say since I've never used the zeagle.

cerich:
Both will do the job well, what you are about to get is just preference....

Mine being you get the Oceanic!

I agree...except for the part about geting the Oceanic...

:D

Good luck with your research! Either one will work well for you...but that "circle Z" on the front will make you look very good underwater...:wink:

Tug

of

War

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom