Need Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaufdropp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to but a digital camera and an underwater housing-I want at least 5 megapixels does anyone have any suggestions?

My wife and I bought a basic Sea Life digital a year or two ago. We were thinking it might be good on land as well as in the water. It is 3.3 MP, and it has been noting but trouble.
Besides not working at all more than half the time, you'd better be in really clear water with high daylight lighting, or VERY close to the subjiect for anything to show up when just using the built-in flash.

Assuming you are in vacation water:
If I had it to do over again I would buy a real brand name and get the plastic housing for it.

Otherwise the sky's the limit because whatever camera you buy will be a bargain compared to the strobes you'd have to buy to make the pictures come out.

I've gotten some decent pics with my sea life from out at the flower gardens. But I do have to use a desecant to keep it from fogging.

Follow the pink link in my sig - there are all sorts of tidbits and a current list of quite a few popular models that might suit your needs. Next to each model (most) is a link or two to recent discussions/examples about the individual camera. You'll also find links to review websites for more indepth info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom