New computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EliotD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Word has it there is a new computer coming to replace the Nitek He, anyone have details?

Expected details:

Anondized AL case made in USA

Useability: Lamar wanted something user-friendly and familiar, so expect the unit to be similar to the Nitek He when it comes to setting the mixes, advancing through the different modes, etc. Of course there are new extras, such as a graph in the logbook mode. When diving, the format of the display will be similar to the He, as well (the same things will be in the same place). Yes, the numbers are bigger too.

Naturally, the VR3 was dived and examined, and they tried to get all of the useful stuff that it does into this computer (diving related, anyways – No games, and oh yeah – No color). It will be able to be used as a CCR computer with or without a cable that is to be connected to an oxygen sensor. This should also enable you to use this dive computer as an oxygen analyzer.

Modified Buehlmann algorithm with gradient factors (conservatism levels). The first will be very similar to what the He is now. The second will mimic RGBM and the third will mimic VPMB.

Don’t know pricing yet… but I do know there will be a USB upload to a PC and new dive planning software is in the works too…

Don't exactly know about when it will be available -- hoping spring of 2007 but don't quote me on that... we'll see what happens.

We do need your help -- What should its name be????

Sold.

As for names, Nitek CCR?

ForTheFight:
Sold.
Great!
As for names, Nitek CCR?

Great! Nope -- that name would exclude OC divers, just like the Nitek He seemed to exclude those who didn't plan on diving helium (even though it works great as a air or nitrox computer, some people seemed to shy away from it just because of the name helium).

Hmmm, this is why I am not in marketing. You could always go the Gillette Shaver route and name it something obnoxious like Nitek Xtreme or Nitek Mach 3 Power...or anything with roman numerals. Nitek Tek?

Dive Rite computers are on the cutting edge of diving. The NiTek He will allow you to use one computer to dive Air, Nitrox, Heliox, Trimix, Oxygen or any combination of these gasses. You can program up to seven different gas mixes per dive. FO2 can be set for 8%-99%. Bar graphs displayed on the screen help you to monitor your exposure to inert gasses and oxygen. It provides a constant display of your current PO2 level while diving.
cd55be6406e98032b11359afa32ef238.jpg

Sound good another new multigas computer for OC and CCR

Any updates on availability? I just noticed that diveriteexpress is sold out of the He.

RangerRich:
Any updates on availability? I just noticed that diveriteexpress is sold out of the He.

Nope - not yet. Thanks for being patient.

Money is burning a hole in my pocket. I waited a day too late to order a Nitek He. Is there anything in the $595 price range that's has all thes same features?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom