Bare Velocity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My buddy dives the Velocity 6/7 and I the Artic 7. Both are great suits for the money and quite comfortable. We are Bare fans based on the quality of our suits. I plan to purchase a 3mm for summer diving.

Bare makes a nice product but biggest thing with any suit is the fit if the fit is wright then money well spent IMO . I own 4 of there suits shorty ,2/3 velocity , 6/7 mm velocity , and xd2 Tech dry have all held up well and have had good service . That said I would stay away from there zippered hoods zippers dont stand up .

I bought the 5/4 Velocity a couple of months ago and really like it. Mine fits me very well and is very comfortable in the water. Quality is very good. Like everyone said,you need to find one that fits you comfortably and the only way to do that is to go to your LDS and try em on. I got a great deal on mine from Scuba Toys.

I got a Velocity 5/4 for Christmas. A very nice suit. You will not be disappointed. My only complaint is the difference in the design pattern between the men's and women's version. The women's version is a very close approximation of a Starfleet (TNG)officers uniform. I wanted that one.

I have probably taken my 2004 in the water about 150 times and it's in fine shape. Very comfortable, like it's not there compared to 7mm or my DS. I'd replace it with the same.

Pete

I've been very happy with mine. I also have a almost worn out 3/2, a new 3/2 (got on sale for later) and drysuit all by Bare. Fit is everything, but they offer lots of different "off the shelf" sizes.

I've got the 5/4 Velocity that I'm very happy with. Keeps me nice and warm in springs and the early winter temps in Tampa Bay. I just picked up a Bare Artic 7mm for the cold wetaher and an upcoming SoCal trip. Haven't dove it yet, but it's not as flexible as the Velocity. I would look at the 7/6 Velocity next time for the cold water.

John

I have a bare progressive velocity and when i put it on it looks and feels like i was melted into it , is it to tight? iam sure it wont seem that way once in the water , but i wanted to see if any of you had same results with bare suits.
i can get it on good except the zipper is difficult, my wife could zip it ok but i dont know if i could by myself very easily.
i am built like a barrel with legs, maybe no matter what i have its going to be hard because of my shape 49" chest 40" waist 5 ' 9 1/2 31" inseam,
i like bare product just want see if this fit is the normal way wet suits fit, dont know if i should return it ,not trying to do a hijack this thread just trying add to it s value

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom