O'Neil latex Drysuit wrist seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingCRNA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an O'Neill drysuit that I love. I bought it on the internet and it has served me well on several dives.

I noticed last weekend that the wrist cuffs (latex) are showing a little age and could stand to be replaced. I have changed wrist seals before on other suits and know I can do it. The suit has a neoprene neck seal, and it works great. very dry.

My question is: will the standard sized latex seals available online fit this suit? It will be easier and faster to change them myself than to ship the suit off for this rudimentary maintenance.

This is not an emergency, but I want to do it before I rip a cuff donning the suit and lose a dive. I dive in swim trunks, a 3 mm wetsuit, or dry. I do not keep a 7 mm wetsuit as back up. If it is that cold, I dive dry, or not at all.

Thanks,

If they are the right size it won't be a problem. They are easy to change and just make sure they good and clean and euffed up on both sides.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
If they are the right size it won't be a problem. They are easy to change and just make sure they good and clean and euffed up on both sides.

Gary D.

That is the question, isn't it? Are they the right size?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom