Rental tanks for this weekend.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBRES1

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I need to rent a few tanks for the weekend, and I wanted to know who has the best air. (clean air and a full 3000# fill)
I am leaning towards either Scuba Specialties or Sport Chalet because of location.
They are both close to I-17 , and i am coming from the Sun city area.
Any ideas ?
Thanks, Jim Breslin

Specialties is only open on Saturday if that's a factor for returning them. However Sport Chalet doesn't open til 10am on Sunday.

Either one is slightly out of your way, you'll either have to double back from Specialties and up to the lake or continue north on I-17 to the freeway entrance to Pleasant State Park from Sport Chalet.

Clean air isn't a problem with either. Specialties is my LDS so I know the quality of everything they do there.

Both rent AL-80's filled to 3000psi. I called them both tonite, both said you won't have a wait this Saturday. It's been way cold earlier this week - nice today though - 55' - so I'm guessing that diving isn't on the top of most peoples list. (What's wrong with them?..:))

You'll probably think it's balmy tropical weather...

Specialties is probably your best bet from Sun City, I-17 isn't all that convenient going to the lake from that area. They have good fills! Sports Chalet is really out of the way but does fill to 3000psi on the nose, they just fill reeeeaaaalllllllyyyyyyyy slowly so you're looking at 1/2 minimum for refills, but it's the most convenient if your already at the lake and need to get refills to go back. I haven't heard any complaints of "bad air" in the area. I use Scuba Specialties exclusively unless it's a Sunday.

Not sure if you've been to Lake Pleasant before, but from Sun City (I live in that general area) I go North on the 101 exit Union Hills Rd and turn left. Turn right on 99th Ave. (This turns into Lake Pleasant Rd.), when it dead ends your at Carefree Highway, turn Left, then follow these directions http://www.getbentscuba.com/scorpion_bay.php#sbmap to Scorpion Bay.

Yeah, I used Sports Chalet since it was off the Interstate, and I second Garrett's analysis that they're slower than molasses. Plus for some reason they don't like to do business right when they open or a half hour before they close, because the computer system isn't up. I tried to *give* them their tanks back and had to go through a whole loop of bulls*** because they tried to tell me I wasn't in the system, when as it turns out I had to rent by hand since, once again, the computer wasn't on the previous morning.

Just save your receipt, is all I can say.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom