Aeris 2 problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edude794

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I purchased a Aeris,Atmos 2. I also purchased a download cable for it. I downloaded all the software. But when I try to download my dives off the dive computer it keeps timing out and stating that I dont have a COM 1 link. I contacted Aeris and they staed my cable was bad. I bought a new one and am still having the same issues. Ant suggestions would be greatly appricated.
Thanks Eddie

I get that every so often with mine and my wife's computers (she has an atmos 2 but it is not limited to her computer). Anyway, our problem seems to be more of a software issue than a cable issue. Forcing the computer off, rebooting the software and starting from square 1 (pc screen on computer, go to download screen, click button, etc) seems to clear it. It's one of the complaints I have with the Aeris download software.

Is it the updated version of the software??

They have an upgrade that does not work with vista.

You have to be sure you start the download within 120 seconds on the display.

Did your computer recognize the new software?

Go to the Aeris site and make sure you have the lastest version if not using Vista.

Another possibility is that the end of the cable that connects to the dive computer is not seating correctly. I had this problem initially and couldn't get a connection. The symptoms were exactly the same as what you describe. The connection can be very finnicky. I have to turn my dive computer upside down on my lap and insert the cable with the logo on the cable facing away from me. This allows me to see how the pins are making contact. There are three pins inside the cable that absolutely have to make a good connection with the contacts on inside the dive computer jack. Give that a try and see if it helps.

If the problem were with the cable (or cable to dive computer connection), you would have a successful COM link, the problem would be upon downloading where the dc would continue is 120 second countdown, ultimately ending in an error.

Give Ron Landess a call at (800) 435-3483, ext. 226 - he will be able to help you get to the bottom of this.

Doug

I had the same problem with my Epic the last 2 times I tried downloading it. It keeps on timing out without even starting the count time. Per the user manual it's says that it need to be in time, norm, gauge or freedive mode. I think if you just keep it on watch mode when you download it then it won't time out. That's what i've been doing lately and haven't encounter the same problem since. Let me know if this will solve your problem.

Vince

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom