Nitrox cleaning for BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickPeck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I recently purchased a Morphos Metal Tech LE from Scubatoys (great deal, thanks). The manual states that the device has to be converted for use with Nitrox. Is this a European rules requirement? I have never heard of Nitrox cleaning or conversion for a BCD. Also, what the heck, this is supposed to be a signature line BCD for Mares. Why is it not Nitrox compatible out of the box?

Thanks,

Rick

RickPeck:
I recently purchased a Morphos Metal Tech LE from Scubatoys (great deal, thanks). The manual states that the device has to be converted for use with Nitrox. Is this a European rules requirement? I have never heard of Nitrox cleaning or conversion for a BCD. Also, what the heck, this is supposed to be a signature line BCD for Mares. Why is it not Nitrox compatible out of the box?

Thanks,

Rick

Simply ignore that... That was from a manual they had years ago when the attorneys for all the manufacturers were scared... and I guess they copy and pasted from some old stuff - it is not a concern. Phil (president of Mares) addressed this before in another post a while back.

So no... fear not - you will not burst into flames at 100 feet if you run nitrox into your BC. :)

Well crap I wanted to see a BC go up in flames at 100'. :D

But you need to get your snorkel O2 cleaned !!!!

the K

scubatoys:
Simply ignore that... That was from a manual they had years ago when the attorneys for all the manufacturers were scared... and I guess they copy and pasted from some old stuff - it is not a concern. Phil (president of Mares) addressed this before in another post a while back.

So no... fear not - you will not burst into flames at 100 feet if you run nitrox into your BC. :)
I wonder what else there is in the Mares manuals that we should ignore?

Should we also ignore what's in the regulator manuals about O2 cleaning?

Phil should address it by fixing the manuals rather than posting on SB.

My general life experiences have taught me that a company that is sloppy and careless in one area is often sloppy and careless in other areas.

Charlie Allen

Charlie,

We addressed this issue approximately 2 years ago. All manuals from our current production regulators have a disclaimer stating our regulators are nitrox compatible up to 40% out of the box in the U.S. and Canada. Obviously there are still some products (pre manual change) out in the market place. The reason for posting on the board is to continue our support to the consumer and dive store.

Best,

BOOM!!!!

attachment.php

:confused:

Yes, I do read the manuals...

Attachments

• Nitrox warning.jpg
    Nitrox warning.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 197
Thumbnail--interesting....and to be ignored?

Anyother gear warnings that should be ignored? Just thought I'd inquire now, so I don't have to post more threads about gear warning ignorance.

Ahhh "ignorance is Boom, oops, Bliss"

sgad:
Thumbnail--interesting....and to be ignored?

Anyother gear warnings that should be ignored? Just thought I'd inquire now, so I don't have to post more threads about gear warning ignorance.

Ahhh "ignorance is Boom, oops, Bliss"
First we kill all the lawyers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom