Wet Suit recommendation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MatthewK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just wanted to post a thread for others that may be in the same situation as I, trying to decide on a wetsuit. I just bought a wetsuit over the internet and I am VERY happy with the purchase.

I'm a big believer and supporter of my LDS, and have spent a bit of money with them over the last 2 months, but they didn't have anything my size and/or price I was willing to pay for a wetsuit. Didn't have much at all in a 7mm.

So I took a "gamble" and bought a wet suit over the internet. After a very long internet search thru many websites, I found a site called Leisurepro.com that had a suit for a price I was willing to pay. It wasn't a brand I was familiar with, although it may be common knowledge to many veteran divers. This site also has an exchange policy which allows exchange for a different size if it doesn't fit.

I bought the following:

BARE 7mm Artic full suit $189.95 Their sizing chart was "exact" and the suit fits like a glove. Plenty of room in the armpit area, which was my main concern. And it's a nice looking suit, if that matters to you (all black). Fits just as well as my Scubapro skin, as far as size.

BARE Cold water hood 7mm $31.95. Nice fit.

Blue Reef dive boots with zipper $24.95. Nice fit.

The internet website was great, shipping arrived on time, and I received what I ordered. For anyone looking for a wetsuit but concerned about not trying it on and/or about this brand, I give it my vote. For that price and the way it fits, very pleased.

I don't work for any of the above.

Hope this helps,
Matthew

The Bare is a great suit Matthew, I have tried one out before. LP is a good Internet company, great prices on many items. It looks like you will not be freezing this Saturday when you dive with us again. BTW, I believe Andy will be out tere at 08:30, I will be there around 10-10:15. We are trying to get 2-3 in. Your new suit will get a good workout!
:monkeydan

Sounds good. You're supporting the LDS. In this case they just were not offering what you decided you wanted so you got it.

I dive that suit and it's an excellent choice IMO. If you want more warmth consider one of the hooded vests.

Pete

I just purchased a bare wetsuit from leisure pro as well. I am diving the BARE Alipine. Basically the same suit as yours just with the integrated hood. I love it and it has kept me warm in 48 degree water at 90~ feet. And if you need more you can always purchase one of the bare layering vests.

The only thing I don't like about leisure pro are the size of the pictures on their site...very small.

3 Dives today, and nice and worm in my new wetsuit.

55 F at 85 feet without feeling cold. Just to let you know it's a warm suit also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom