Good 3mm wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning to buy a 3mm. I'm going to try several models, but I don't want to boil the ocean, nor do I want to limit myself to what local dive shops have on hands. I'm lucky enough to have very average measurement - most everything M will fit me.

With that in mind, what are some of the best 3mm wetsuits out there? I haven't bought a suit in ages and I'm a bit out of the loop. I've read a lot of good things about Bare's Reactive, so that will be one I try, if I can find one.

(Please don't reply "the best suit is the one that fits you best". I know.)

Waterproof W5 followed by a Deep6 3mm if you can find it. There's always a Mako suit which will likely be warmer but combated by the need for a skin lubricant to get into it (open cell).

I am planning to buy a 3mm. I'm going to try several models, but I don't want to boil the ocean, nor do I want to limit myself to what local dive shops have on hands. I'm lucky enough to have very average measurement - most everything M will fit me.

With that in mind, what are some of the best 3mm wetsuits out there? I haven't bought a suit in ages and I'm a bit out of the loop. I've read a lot of good things about Bare's Reactive, so that will be one I try, if I can find one.

(Please don't reply "the best suit is the one that fits you best". I know.)
Hi JDelage,

I have an older Bare 3mm that now fits my son better than me so I am looking for a new one myself. I love the fit and the warmth of the Bare wetsuits.

It looks like you are also in the Seattle area.

This morning I went into the Silent World Diving System in Bellevue, WA looking to compare the Bare Velocity Ultra to the Bare Reactive but they only carry the Reactive M-XXL in stock.

Good luck,
Patrick

I've been very happy with my Bare Velocity 3mm. Cheaper than the Reactive, has held up well, and plenty warm enough from 75F and up for me.

I’ve gone through several suits over the years, including Bodyglove, O’Neil, Xcel, Henderson thermoprene to name a few.
But the wetsuit I wear now is the easiest to don and doff, comfortable to wear and move around in, keeps me the warmest is my JMJ.

Unless you are a growing teenager how can finding the best suit for Seattle divng be expensive
I'm driving soon for a couple of days, a few hundred kilometres, for a tailor made drysuit fitting

Yeah that might be expensive

and a couple of wetsuits and some other stuff

Back
Top Bottom