Drysuit Inflator Valve Lubrication

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go buy Steve Barsky's book on dry suit diving. It covers maintainence of the various valves.

Is it a new valve or is it a used valve that is sticking? On a used valve I take them off and soak them in fresh water overnight then dry them off and reinstall them. This breaks down any salt and hopefully loosens up and silt and grit in them and flushes it way.

Scott

Scottri:
Is it a new valve or is it a used valve that is sticking? On a used valve I take them off and soak them in fresh water overnight then dry them off and reinstall them. This breaks down any salt and hopefully loosens up and silt and grit in them and flushes it way.

Scott
Thanks Scott & Dude. I found info on line recommending silicone lube so I tried that. I will try the overnight soaking too. Actually the valve never really stuck, but it was concerning me because it was slow to close, expecially in cold water ice diving and my early season trips out this year. It never really stuck but I want to head off any potential problem.
By the way, my DS valve has never seen salt water, unless you count the sweat that I generate on a hot summer day... yuck!
Thanks Again,

Back
Top Bottom