Sea Doo DPV at Sam's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isaac-1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was shopping in Sam's club yesterday and saw they had a whole pallet of Sea Doo Seascooters for sale for $150 each, I considered buying one, but thought I would ask some advice here first. The model was the Seascooter Classic rated for 65 ft, How good is this unit, and how firm is the 65 ft. rating, how has your luck been pushing them to 75-80 ft?

thanks Ike

Isaac-1:
I was shopping in Sam's club yesterday and saw they had a whole pallet of Sea Doo Seascooters for sale for $150 each, I considered buying one, but thought I would ask some advice here first. The model was the Seascooter Classic rated for 65 ft, How good is this unit, and how firm is the 65 ft. rating, how has your luck been pushing them to 75-80 ft?

thanks Ike
You'll get what you pay for. Push 65 ft at your own risk.

They might be able to help you out if you need a repair since I'm sure this is where you send your students for their gear purchases.

I think the general consensus here is that they are less-than-ideal with some notable exceptions/defenses here and there. At 150 a pop it might be worth experimenting with?

I may do this in the summer just for laughs and to end these discussions and queries with a summative conclusion about cheap vs. capable.

X

Lead_carrier:
You'll get what you pay for. Push 65 ft at your own risk.

They might be able to help you out if you need a repair since I'm sure this is where you send your students for their gear purchases.

I am as much for supporting the LDS as the next guy, in fact I just spent $200 at one on friday for a tank I could have bought online for $175. However in this case the same model scooter sells for $300 online at one discounter, and I have no idea what it would run at a local shop as none sell SeaDoo to my knowledge, and of those few that do sell scooters, I doubt any sell enough to offer much help in the way of repair. As to the issue of students, I don't think this is the right place to get into that topic, however I will say though that in the last 20 years the arguement about lack of quality masks, fins, wetsuits, etc. available through non dive shop discounters has been greatly reduced with brand names like U.S. Divers, Body Glove, etc. selling at big box stores.

Ike

I realize this is an older thread but the "brand" names selling at these stores is not what I would consider dive quality. They may be fine for snorkeling or the pool but these names put out some pretty crappy stuff to pad their bottom line. They actually to me cheapen the brand overall with this junk.

I have the SeaDoo Explorer which I got for $650. I really like it for the price. I think the 150 model would be disapointing.

Why bother, a goldfish cold swim faster. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom