Can you compare them for me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rower

New
Reaction score
Hello to everybody. I am a new user and need your experiences. I have an OWD certificate and i have a project this year. I will work on İzmir Çeşme Ilıca Bay marine flora. I want to buy my own equiments with the scolarship that i won for this project. My budget not so large so please can you compare the following companies generally. Thanks for your interest.:blinking:

Aqualung x Tigullio for BCDs
Barracuda x Mares for wetsuits
Problue x Aqualung for regulator, octopus, snorkel and mask

Being in the US, as many on this board, I haven't heard of a few of those, only Aqualung and Mares. Maybe someone more local will jump in now that i've bumped this post up. You are where - Turkey?

If they are all major brands, well there is very little "bad" gear out there, not in the US anyway. You really want to compare specific models you are interested in of each item - fit, features, what works for you, price if that's important - and not worry about brand too much. I might worry about brand more for something like your regulator, especially if there might be an issue getting certain brands fixed or serviced where you will be diving now or in the future.

A wetsuit you would like to be durable but most important it needs to fit properly (this is more important the colder the water is, don't know about conditions where you will be diving.)

The BC should also fit well, not ride up at the surface, and keep the tank stable on your back. There are a couple major styles, in particular jackets that inflate all around, and various types that have inflation only behind you. There are also some features like weight integration you may or may not want - many people like that, some don't, and it may cost a little more. Think about things like pockets or attachment points, basically how you will carry things you need.

Damselfish thanks for your sharing:blinking:. These brands are most known brands in Turkey.I won't worry about brands according to your suggestion. But i have a question mark in my brain. Because i know that Problue is producing in Thaiwan. What do you think about this?

Here is the cost differences between the gears that i want to buy.

wetsuit -- 5mm Barrakuda 183€ --- 5mmMares 138€
BC -------Aqualung 290€ ---Tigullio 210€
Palet -----Problue 50€ --- Aqualung 80€
Mask -----Problue 25€ ---Aqualung 40€
Reg ------Problue 160€ ---Aqualung 210€
Octopus --problue 75€ ---Aqualung 90€
The costs at the columns are from different stores. First columns store makes me %30 discount and the second columns store makes %15 discount. When you calculate this, there is not very big differences between prices. So i wondered about brands differences :) Thanks again.

Note: I will dive in Çeşme Ilıca Bay in İzmir (The pearl of Aegean:)). I am recommending this place to see in your life least once.

I am not familar with ProBlue either. But Aqualung is well known and sold through out the world. As such, I would probably buy their products because the ability to get service will likely be easier.

@ rower

Go for the aqualung and stay clear of the Tigulio,it looks nice,but i've had lots of trouble with parts(spare and service)T52 series that is
Never heard of problue though :shakehead so this might give even bigger problems.

Thanks friends for your suggestions. I think i will buy Aqualung and Tigullio gears hereafter.
If you will come to Turkey to dive into our brillant sea, i will be happy to host you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom