The new Ala Wai Blvd.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Well....I live right on the Ala Wai and I would say it was one of the worst roads in town. You would literally have to hold the steering wheel tight, with two hands, so that it wouldn't jump out of your hands due to all the pot holes.

A couple of weeks ago they started taking the top layer off and when I drove home tonight I was soooooo pleasantly surprised. The road, from Kapahulu all the way to the Waikiki Sand Villa (Turned off there) has been resurfaced. Smooth as a babies behind.

Finally.....Beautiful....

For the time being! Won't take but a rainy winter to change that! Have they finished with the sewer bypass?

Enjoy the smoothness while it lasts!:D

that project will take a few more years.....sadly.

I'm really gonna enjoy :wink:

glad they smoothed things out for you.

I could never figure out why they would resurface just before tearing up the road for repairs (like sewers etc..) they seem to do that all over the state ... then it takes another 10 years before they resurface again :(

Enjoy it :)

kidspot:
I could never figure out why they would resurface just before tearing up the road for repairs (like sewers etc..) they seem to do that all over the state ... then it takes another 10 years before they resurface again :(

ya know....I always asked myself that question when I was living in Germany too. - They resurface the road, then the electric company tears it open...then the phone company....you name it, they tear it up.... :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom