oceanc swivel octo...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have used one for 3 yrs. No problems at all. Makes air share nice as you don't need that s bend in the hose to share and it works upside down. Free flow on one reg does not affect the other. Except if you let it go you'll run out or air at some point and then yeah it affects the other. And that's a helluva price! Go for it dude!

Have one. It works. It's never free-flowed. And as JimLap said, it makes for easy air share due to it's design.

Free flow on one reg does not affect the other.

The freeflow of one second stage will usually quickly cause icing of the first stage. Once that happens, the first stage freeflows. Once the first stage freeflows, the only way to stop it is to shut the valve down or wait until the tank is empty. Emptying the tank can take less than one minute at depth.

Have used one for 3 yrs. No problems at all. Makes air share nice as you don't need that s bend in the hose to share and it works upside down. Free flow on one reg does not affect the other. Except if you let it go you'll run out or air at some point and then yeah it affects the other. And that's a helluva price! Go for it dude!
yes I thought that price was great too! the unit looks so streamlined too. Thanks for cnfirming its a good unit.

Mine did after about 6 dives. It developed a small leak as I was putting my rig together. I live in Dominica hundreds of miles away from the nearest Oceanic retailer. I ended up using rental regs for that dive. I later ended up fixing it myself; ~20 dives since then and no problems. The swivel and low profile is nice, although I have yet to deploy it. I have breathed through it around 90 ft. and it worked well. I believe your free flow question has been sufficiently answered.

The oceanic swivel 180 octos had an issue leaking out of the box from the factory, about two weeks ago they started providing an update for this unit that would be covered under warranty. (which you wont get if you buy from LEISUREPRO)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom